Mini-Microsoft Cutting Room Floor

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rory Grr - New comment on Because the Last Aquisition Went So Well....

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Because the Last Aquisition Went So Well...":

"For a guy who's trying to come off as being qualified to assess my intelligence, you could have at least spelled my name correctly."

Actually I don't care enough about you to check the spelling of your name or proof my comments.

"Actually, I started off merely thinking I was awesome. It wasn't until I wound up in the New York Times, in the European press, on French news television, on an A&E reality show, getting pussy because of my writing, etc., that people finally told me I was great."

Yep, you're great - you've been on reality TV. Mea culpa. A lot of people think Scoble is great too.

"That's when I started calling myself great. I figured all those people couldn't be wrong."

The little ego bit was cute 10 years ago when Maddox was doing it.

"Toshiba wasn't smart enough to sell me a machine with a decent setup."

And that's MS' fault?

"As a customer, I don't care where the "craplets" come from. It's not my job to figure it out, nor is it my job to realize that I have to remove them before the system will work (or at least kind of work)."

Agreed. You know the solution you just refuse to use it. Speaking of signs of mental retardation. . . .

"And, yeah, my Toshiba runs sans 'craplets,' but Windows Update keeps reinstalling them, and since Windows Update is the closest software analogue to a Nazi, I don't feel like I have much of a choice in the matter."

Nazi, eh? I'm sure 14 million deceased would not be amused by your analogy.

At any rate, perhaps you should try the old "view available updates" and access the old "hide update" option. But then, you know, Vista would work better and you'd have one less thing to harp on.

"Everyone you've talked to is stupid."

Your short-man's-disease probably had more to do with the repeated attempts at firing you than your "personal issues."

"Drug addiction was just one problem. I went downhill after my grandmother died - that was more of an issue. I had also been diagnosed as bipolar three times, but ignored those diagnoses because I didn't want to believe it."

Yep, you've got problems. Plural.

"One reason that people like you dislike me is that I'm an asshole who's succeeded. I'm also cocky, and I have the skills and experience to back it up."

No, I think you could be a talented writer if you didn't waste so much effort masking your personality behind all the self-aggrandizement; I enjoy the good bits in your blog.

"It took very little time to do the drugs. I spent most of my time working. On drugs. And doing far better than you. Which, understandably, must be a source of frustration for someone such as yourself."

That's certainly arguable, but we hold differing value systems and neither is there room here for my resume. And the little ego bit was really tired by the time Tucker Max did it.

"... but I'm taking my chances."

3 Comments:

  • For those who wonder why I sometimes described the Microsoft environment as "toxic": this anonymous attack is a good example of the kinds of behavior some people at Microsoft think is perfectly acceptable.

    They bring similar attitudes of arrogance, belligerence, and cluelessness to the work place as well.

    Sure, it's a very small minority (1-2% maybe in my experience) ... but everybody else let's them get away with it.

    jon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 27, 2008 at 10:42 AM  

  • Yes the arrogance and belligerence of calling people "nazis," "retards," and other forms of slander in forums is perfectly acceptable so long as it isn't anonymous.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2008 at 2:15 AM  

  • Good thing about hermes handbags is that they are popular enough to be found on the internet. However, women must be wary to choose only the bag hermes because getting the replica would forfeit the style that it provides. One company that offers bags hermes is the Eurohandbag.
    Weight Loss lida -Losing Weight Has Never Been So Easy.I lose my weight with lida daidaihua easily. I was sitting at 358 pounds, overweight, lazy, and in the worst physical shape and health of my life. My friend finally introduced me to fat loss daidaihua program. Fat Loss lida slimming weight loss slimming capsule is a popular diet program that allows the user to lose as much weight as they desire based on their target weight loss goal. Now most people starting out with the fat loss slimming capsules program lose between 6-9lbs every 11 day cycle.
    While you take a look at the designing uk Tiffany , you can ensure the grand huge silver necklaces collections such as watches, gifts and diamonds. Tiffany pendants started achieving improved heights right from silver pendants start, and now it is has won an incredible fame of producing high quality and magnificence products.
    There are several types of discounts available on Chanel Wallet and purses. Before choosing a bargain Chanel handbags based solely on price, consumers should also consider the ethics of the sale, the quality of the replica Chanel handbags , and any guarantees or warranties to be sure they are getting a reputable discount.

    By Blogger Unknown, at July 19, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home