Mini-Microsoft Cutting Room Floor

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Hard Work and Money - New comment on MicroYa! and Thinking About a Big Reboot.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "MicroYa! and Thinking About a Big Reboot":

I agree with the poster who pointed out that it's all about the money. With the time I put in, I feel sad when I see that electricity utility line workers net more than me if they work comparable hours: link.

Not to belittle their contributions, but honestly advising the kids that "if you want to earn serious money, you should not spend years getting a degree in CS but become a line worker" strikes me as a good indicator that we need to review our salary policies.

(Become a line work and hope for a windstorm? Two comments came in about the money those hard worker line workers pulled down. Hey, more power to them. A lot of work needed to be done and I was getting tired myself of going on a week without power. A warm house and lights? Priceless.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home