Mini-Microsoft Cutting Room Floor

Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm not little - New comment on 10,000 More Microsofties - What Do They Do?

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "10,000 More Microsofties - What Do They Do?":

To Mini-
"10,000 More Microsofties - What Do They Do?"

As 1 of the new 10,000 hires I can only answer as to what I intend(ed) to do: bring passion to my work and to do the best damn job I can possibly do. But here's the problem, when I look on this blog and see a bunch of cynical and arrogant employess questioning the validity of the new hires I can only surmise that I might be committing career suicide by joining the company (especially since I will be joining as a "dreaded" SDE/T). I am seriously considering rejecting the offer, although technically I have already "singed on the dotted line". And that would be sad, because there appears to be a lack of passion and belief in the company which is something we 10,000 hires would have injected into the company. Call it naiveté, but perhaps that is what Microsoft needs right now.

Also, do you think I want to join a work environment where I'm viewed as someone who was herded in to fulfill a head count? No way. Nice job of making the new guys feel unwanted before they even step foot into their roles. And while this might be viewed by you as a positive (one less "incompetent" to drag the company down), what you have done is driven away a 10 year veteran who is very passionate about solving problems and shipping quality software and believes in Microsoft and that it can continue to be great. I passed my Microsoft interviews just like you but I now know that I won't be viewed in the same light as a "real" Microsoftie. Funny, I experienced the exact same thing as a cadet at the Air Force Academy: every class above you thinks that the standards for admission were tougher when they applied. In reality, it's just a bunch of inflated egos that are unable to cope with the possibility that there are other people in this world that are just as smart as they are. Sad little person you are indeed.

(I was happy, even with the arrogant bit, until the end. Hmm. I might still post it anyway and have it as the first CRF + Mini post.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home