Mini-Microsoft Cutting Room Floor

Monday, July 31, 2006

Not a Microsoft Fan - New comment on Microsoft FY06Q4 Results

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Microsoft FY06Q4 Results":

I'm not a Microsoft fan at all. I'm a Mac user and a Linux fan. I wished that Judge Penfield hadn't opened his mouth during the trial back in 1998. I wanted to see Microsoft get split up. It might have been the best thing to happen to you guys.

You are too big. You try to get involved in everything. Quite honestly, you succeed at two things. Windows and Office. You got lucky with Windows without even trying. You don't need to be as good as Mac OS X since you've got a free ride there. Office in my opinion is your strong suit. A bit bloated for my tastes, but still pretty nice. I would like to see it more open though. But everything else? Get rid of it.

How about letting Apple control the desktops and you guys just provide Office and Exchange provided its sitting behind a Unix mailserver to protect it from the Internet.

(Dude, why would I ever let this comment through? You're not a Microsoft fan? Okay, then probably a blog about optimizing Microsoft into a better company is not where you should be investing your time.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home