Mini-Microsoft Cutting Room Floor

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Too much rant - New comment on Intel-ligent Re-design

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Intel-ligent Re-design":

I'm glad to see the SysInternals guys joining MS.

< rant time >

Maybe now we'll get the administrative environment that should have been part of the server OS since NT4. Just to name a few of my pet peeves, the command shell is wretched (Monad is ten years late as far as I'm concerned), the job scheduling service pales next to cron, and eventvwr is pathetically limited.

Why in heck can't we build an environment into Windows as admin-friendly / expert-friendly as Unix? Lambaste me all you want, but I know of zero Windows OS tools ported to Unix, but plenty ported the other way.

(And no, I don't want SFU or Cygwin. I want a Windows-native environment that doesn't suck!)

(Too much ranting for me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home