Mini-Microsoft Cutting Room Floor

Monday, February 05, 2007

No Vista v OS X, III - New comment on Closure.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Closure.":

Windows is now a generation ahead of OSX. They would need couple of revisions to match the power of Vista but by that time Windows would have moved ahead another generation.

Could you cite some examples where Vista is superior to Tiger? All of the press and reviews I've seen say that Vista is just a lame Mac OS X ripoff, and doesn't offer anything over and above Mac OS X.

Looking at the feature sets, I'd tend to agree. Vista is poor competition for Mac OS X. And with Apple set to release a major upgrade this Spring with Leopard, I'd say Microsoft is the one playing catch up.

Apple's developers are clearly more agile and more innovative.

I'd love to see this change, as competition is certainly good for the market and good for consumers, but right now I just have to say I disagree with you. Apple and Mac OS X are well ahead of Microsoft and Windows. Allchin spoke the truth.

(It will all end in tears.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home